Great Wolf’s formula obviously works, since this resort sparked the Great Wolf Lodge chain that now includes a dozen family-focused resorts across the country.
The Great Wolf Lodge (Wisconsin Dells) Experience
The main features include:
- an 80,000-square-foot indoor water park with the famous “funnel slide”
- wave pool
- plenty of tube slides
- Magic Quest, an interactive game with computerized wands to activate wizards, fairies and dragons
- fun song and story hour every single night in the lobby for the kids
- bubblegum-scented shower gel in each room and an ice-cream-themed spa experience for kids (there is also a normal spa for the adults needing some pampering)
- family suites with wolf-dens, a room inside of a room that is “outdoorsy” themed
- fun decor with lights and objects that are able to be activated by wands from Wizard Quest
- seasonal programming and crafts
- kid-friendly dining
Families will never run out of things to do here.
WisconsinDells.com has visited just about every resort in Wisconsin Dells and we believe this is the Dells’ best large resort for families with young children. Older kids will find plenty of things to do, as well, — especially with the enormous waterpark and decked-out arcade — but it’s the younger ones who will be most intrigued by the overall feel of the resort and the plethora of activities.
While this resort is definitely not small, with 436 rooms in total, it is certainly more manageable than the largest resorts in Wisconsin Dells.
Great Wolf Lodge Accommodations
With the entire lodge targeted to the families, it’s all kid-friendly with 11 designs of resort spaces from fundamental double queens to seven-person Kids Cabins. Some have wayward decor, too, and the Wolf Den Suites with bunk beds in cave-like areas are especially popular. Additionally, there are lofted units that permit mom and dad to sleep upstairs and providing them with added personal privacy.
- mini refrigerators
- flat-screen TV with pay-per-view
- high-speed wireless internet
- coffee machine
- most also come with a terrace or walk-out patio area
There additionally are four condominium designs including a large unit, housing up to 16 guests, which makes a great spot for bringing family together from all over the country.
There are 5 restaurants on the resort grounds: Wolf’s Den Snack Bar, The Loose Moose Bar & Grill, Hungry as a Wolf, Camp Critter Buffet, and Bear Paw Sweets & Eats. All of these restaurants are very casual, and while none of them have the “wow-factor”, they provide plenty of access to a variety of meal options that will suit the entire family.