While Wisconsin Dells is the waterpark capital of the world, the area features a number of other attractions as well. One great activity families, friends, and couples alike can enjoy when in Wisconsin Dells is camping.
Here’s how to get the most out of your Wisconsin Dells camping experience:
Find What You’re Looking For
Before you go choosing the perfect campground for your Wisconsin Dells vacation, you need to know that not all campgrounds are created equal in Wisconsin Dells.
Some campgrounds feature the basics and are made for nature lover with a tent. Other campgrounds feature more amenities than many hotels in Wisconsin Dells.
Decide whether you want to rough it or camp in class – then find the perfect Wisconsin Dells campground for your needs.
The best Wisconsin Dells campground will depend on how you want to camp. No matter if you plan to rough it or attempt to “glamour camp”, we have a great campground for you.
Here are a few of our favorite options:
- Arrowhead Resort Campgrounds: This campground is located about five miles from downtown Wisconsin Dells and features tent camping, RV sites, and cabin rentals. Arrowhead Resort Campground also offers a few amenities, including: two heated pools, tennis and basketball courts, mini golf, volleyball, and horseshoes along with a slew of the basic campground amenities.
- Bonanza Campground & RV Park: Located in the heart of Wisconsin Dells, Bonanza is the campground for campers who want to experience all the Dells has to offer. With tent, RV, pull-thru, and cabin rentals available – this campground has it all. A heated pool, country store, and mini golf means you’ll always be entertained at Bonanza.
- Edge-O-Dells Camping & RV Resort: Offering a plethora of camping options, Edge-O-Dells is the premier 21 and older campground in Wisconsin Dells. The campsite features a large pool, hot tub, bar & grill, convenience store, and two volleyball courts. Edge-O-Dells also offers shuttle access to downtown Wisconsin Dells.
- Wisconsin Dells KOA: Featuring a family atmosphere and a number of activities, Wisconsin Dells KOA doesn’t disappoint. The campground allows for tents, RV’s, and cabin rentals. About a mile outside Wisconsin Dells, KOA offers a heated swimming pool, basketball and volleyball, hot showers, Wi-Fi, and much more.
- Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park: A campground and resort in one, Jellystone Park features tent camping, cabins, lodges, and more. The onsite outdoor waterpark is free with your stay at the campsite. Boat rentals, golf cart rentals, mini golf, and much more is available at Jellystone Park.
Is Camping Affordable?
Camping in Wisconsin Dells can be as affordable as you make it. Some of the campsites that also double as resort areas often have pricing that is comparable to some of the resorts.
However, the traditional tent camper will be able to find cheap nightly budget tent sites. Depending on the size of your group and the campground you choose, you can find per person nightly tent site rates ranging from $5-10 in Wisconsin Dells.
This article was contributed by Sam Anthony from Minneapolis, MN.
Sam is the Director of Development at TheSiteEdge, a Minneapolis web design agency, and a die-hard fan of Wisconsin Dells and its history.